Sunday, May 3, 2009

Strickland family - tucson | 11:46 p.m. March 30, 2009
We love and remember Dan Howells today as a humble man of many gifts and talents. His gentle ways as our Bishop in Tucson will long be remembered. We love the strength and goodness he instilled in our seminary-aged youth through his example and teachings as a CES teacher. How agonizing and sad for us that he is taken on to the other side a bit earlier than we expected, but we know that no departure here is an unexpected arrival there. And we are grateful for the strength of the Gospel teachings that comfort our aching hearts tonight. We miss you, Dan. God be with you till we meet again, and we pray for your special wife and wonderful children that the days and weeks ahead may be filled with the peace of the Spirit and many loving arms and hands to lift and encourage. Amy, please know of our love and prayers in your behalf as we plead to our Father in Heaven that you and your children will feel His strength.

Brad Slentz | 8:32 a.m. March 31, 2009
Dan Howells was a great seminary teacher who helped grow and cultivate my testimony during that time in life when is seems to be questioned the most. He was also a wonderful Bishop who helped me and my family in so many ways. I know that he has touched so many lives and will be sorely missed. Our prayers and love go out to his family at this difficult time.

Jennifer Nicholls Swegle | 9:58 a.m. March 31, 2009
I have very fond memories of Bro. Howells. He was with me all 4 years of high school, became my bishop, then taught at the LDS institute at The University of Arizona where I was attending. I miss his sweet family, but will never forget how they all have touched my life. God bless you Sis. Howells and all your children. What a wonderful man he was! He helped strengthen my testimony and was a welcomed additional father figure in my life. He had great passion for the gospel. Our prayers are with you and your family.

john and chere romney | 11:06 a.m. March 31, 2009
We love the Howells Family. Spence and Ann, Dan's parents have so often spoken so lovingly of him and his outstanding family. Our love goes out to all of your precious family. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.. Love John and Chere Romney
Howard Norton | 12:33 p.m. March 31, 2009
One of the really, really good guys in this world. I will miss the times up on the Salmon River with him. He will also be missed by the thousands he has taught in seminary, positions he has held and as a Bishop that he has had such an amazing impact on. Our love to Amy, their wonderful kids and his parents and family.
A great loss to the world, an incredible gain in Heaven! If the Lord was needing help up there, He definitely choose well.

Christopher Summerhays | 12:51 p.m. March 31, 2009
Bro. Howells -
You will always be remembered as a loving, caring person. May God be with your family at this tragic time. You are loved and will be most certainly missed. Thanks for all the great years in seminary, you were great! God be with you 'til we meet again.

Jeffrey Prottas | 2:55 p.m. March 31, 2009
Danny you will be truly missed. Amy, you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Suzanne Bolliger Giblette | 3:27 p.m. March 31, 2009
Oh Amy! My heart and prayers goes out to you at this time of loss. You were always such a strong person and one to quickly help others, now others can show you their strength. Dan was a great guy and always a terrific example. You will be in my thoughts through these next days.

Kristy McRae Witt | 5:02 p.m. March 31, 2009
Words cannot adequately describe the depth of my love and sympathy for Howells and Erekson families. Dan was (and still is) such an amazing guy...so down to earth, and so much fun to be around...such an infectious laugh and smile. Amy is simply incredible, and has been such a beautiful example and such a good friend throughout my life....she has incredible strength, courage and faith. Please know that our thoughts and prayers remain constant with you. May the Lord bless you with comfort and tender mercies continually. I love you.

Bruce and Carol Thompson | 7:34 p.m. March 31, 2009
Oh Amy, we are so sorry for your loss. We love your family. You are in our prayers. I appreciate everything you and Dan have done for us. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Wade Weston | 11:20 p.m. March 31, 2009
I will always remember Danny's great example of humility, kindness and integrity. I hope he is able to see and comprehend the full measure of his earthly life and what great influence for good he has and will continue to have on this earth.
John & Shawnell Larsen | 12:44 a.m. April 1, 2009
Dan and Amy are the cream of the crop. Fortunately an all-knowing, loving Father who reigns supreme will most assuredly enable Dan to serve to his utmost capabilities as He continuously watches over the family here on earth. We'll greatly miss Dan and all that he was and is.

Randi Vest | 9:59 a.m. April 1, 2009
Dan was my seminary teacher and my bishop through some of the most important years of my life. I went to him for guidance during the rough patches of my adolescence, he was always there eager to listen and to help. He never stopped believing in me even when I stopped believing in myself. I have never met a man that had so much patience and love for the world, as he did. I will miss him! His family is in my prayers.

Nicole DeWitt Boyle | 11:15 a.m. April 1, 2009
Brother Howells was a wonderful seminary teacher. He was loved by everyone. He was a friend at a cross-roads for many. Seeing his picture on the Deseret News brought back so many memories. He always had a smile and always found a way to be upbeat. His love and enthusiasm were contagious. He served so many so well, and we are now all praying for the sweet family he left behind.

Daymon & Suzanne Leonhardt | 9:20 p.m. April 1, 2009
We are just heartsick to lose a friend like Dan. We are going to miss that great man. Amy, we love you and are praying for you and the kids. We wish we could be there to help.

Michelle McLaws Knight | 7:18 a.m. April 2, 2009
I remember Brother Howells as a happy, energetic, wonderful seminary teacher. He influenced so many for good. May his family find peace during this very sad time.

Allan Blankstrom | 11:33 p.m. April 6, 2009
I had the honor of being a neighbor to Dan and Amy and the kids and was welcomed into their home and hearts many times for dinner or for family night. The experience I took with me from their heart and home, their love and attention to me , just a neighbor has and will carry me through life a better man.
This has brought me to my knees humbly. Amy I miss you and offer all the strength I could ever send through the space between us. My eyes are closed and praying for you and the children.

Ian Katzman and Family Phoenix, AZ 1 Apr 1, 2009
Our prayers are with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment