Thursday, June 25, 2009

Best Seminary Teacher EVER

Bishop Howells was my seminary teacher for 3.2 of my 4 years at CDO (and you have no idea how mad I was when I found out he wouldn't be there for all 4 years). I don't know if I've ever met a more humble, gentle man. I will never, ever forget how his lessons impacted my life. The ones I remember in particular were sweet, solemn occasions where the class was invited to share their testimonies. He had a gift for bringing the Spirit to a discussion that I've rarely seen paralleled.

I know how much he cared for each one of his students (there's no way he would have put up with all of us otherwise). One of the rare times I saw him get upset was when Laura managed to break the microwave (again) by trying to microwave her shoe (didn't work). But he could never stay mad long--he was so naturally happy.

The lessons he taught me in seminary laid a firm foundation for my testimony. I am eternally grateful for his patience, long-suffering, and absolutely pure charity. My one regret is that I didn't pay nearly as much attention as I should have. If there were some way to go back, I would just sit and listen for hours, absorbing everything. I still remember how I teared up when I realized he had come back for our seminary graduation--it didn't matter that he'd ditched out on my senior year; he was still my seminary teacher and the occasion wasn't complete without him.

I hope that his family can understand how much he touched my life and how I will never forget him. They will be in my prayers.

Megan (Mikesell) Blood

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for for letting me feel the savior's love through your words and actions. May the lord continually bless your sweet family, give strength to your wife and encouragement to your kids.

    ReplyDelete