Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I remember

I remember Dan. I accidentally found this site, and was shocked by the news. You see, I don't know Dans' life history or his family. In fact, I don't even remember if Dan had a family or kids or not, but when I found this blog, I needed to write.

I think Dan was either a student/student teacher, or very early in his career when he was my seminary teacher. It was at Westwood High School, and the year was 1992-1993. I was struggling as a youth finding my place in the world, and I very clearly remember that Dan and I shared a powerful connection. I actually remembered him many times throughout my life, because you see it was his powerful testimony of the Savior that helped me finish school and desire to serve a mission. I eventually served a mission in the early 90's in the former Soviet Union and was married in the temple with my sweetheart I met in Russia years later. This is so strange.... because I actually thought of Dan about a month ago and couldn't understand why, I used an example about him in a talk in the Russian branch of the church in SLC - it has been so many years, but I can vividly remember his smile and teary eyes as he looked into mine and told me the lord loves you and will send you on a mission! Wow.

Dan did impact my life, and if I'm the only student from his early years as a teacher that comments on here, I want you to know that Dan was a man of God, for he helped me turn to the Lord and impacted not only my life but those I have served myself all over the world!
Robert Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment