Monday, December 7, 2009

Amy, Kathryn, Mary, Hannah, Spencer, Shad and Caleb,

I am so grateful for each and every one of you. We are truly blessed to know and understand the Lord's plan for us which includes families and the best part of it is the forever part. I have watched Amy and Dan over the years submit willingly to everything the Lord saw fit to inflict upon them. And they did it humbly. This trial will not be any different. I have watched as you have gone to your knees to seek the will of the father, in this one of the greatest of trials, and then turn with all your might and do what is required to continue in his path. Each of you have been a light to those around you and have reminded us where to turn in our times of need. My testimony has been strengthened by your examples. Kathryn who is willing to walk a walk of righteousness in difficult years. Mary who serves as a strength to her mother. Hannah who sees the lords hand in her life daily. Spencer who has a desire to emulate his fathers example of leadership in the home. Shad who willingly submits and continues on in spite of hardships. Caleb who emulates love and a tender heart. Amy who under the most difficult of circumstances continues to emulate faith, hope and charity. I feel so privileged to know each one of you and love you dearly. I know that the Lord will lighten our burdens that even we will not feel them upon our backs. He can comfort us in times of need, his atonement promises to ease the pain of death, sorrow and suffering and promises us joy as we put our trust in him and his plan for each of us.
I have no doubt that Dan trained his family in truth and righteousness and because of this I know they will be blessed. His desire to know more about the Lord and his purposes inspired many including myself to want to know more. His was a wonderful example of discipleship. I am truly grateful for the time we spent together and look forward to a joyful reunion.

All my love,
Kristen Mikesell (Sister-in-law)

No comments:

Post a Comment