Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The first time I met Dan I was impressed that he took the time to talk to me and make me feel immediately comfortable. He had the ability always make people feel comfortable around him. Dan had the talent to be able to converse with you and be completely engaged. He always kept his eyes on yours and was attententive to you. Always making you feel that he was interested in you and what you were sharing even if it was not something that he was probably interested in.

Dan was one of the people that I enjoyed conversing with the most. I loved to hear his insights into the gospel. He had such a broad knowledge into scripture and its meaning that he was a great teacher. But surprisingly, he never used this knowledge to lift himself above others or to make them feel inferior because their understanding of the gospel was much smaller.

I always admired how much of a hands on father Dan was. He spent time with all of his children and he loved them and they knew it.

Dan was not afraid to work hard in all areas of his life. Several times my family benefited from his hard work and service. Both times that we moved, there were Dan and Amy who showed up first and then did not leave until the work was done. While he was there he was never impatient or in a hurry to get his time in so that he could move on to other things. Once again he made us feel like we were important in his life and that he was happy to be a part of it.

I miss Dan’s laugh. He laughed out loud and it was one of the best things to hear. Sunday dinners at the Erekson’s always became more fun when Dan and Amy were there to laugh. It was always fun and exciting to hear it take on things at the dinner table.

I will always miss Dan and feel incredibly grateful that I had the opportunity to know him and learn from him in such a short time. I am glad that he will be forever part of my family. I love him.
Lovingly, until we meet again,
Carol and Spencer Erekson

No comments:

Post a Comment