Saturday, April 11, 2009

Portrait


Here is the photograph that we used for Dan's obituary and funeral program--with a few improvements to the background and with higher resolution. We are all so lucky that Kristen Howells Curtis snapped such a great photo of Dan before Christmas, then had the insight to send it to me in time to include in Dan's obituary.

My hope is that this version will be a meaningful photo that anyone can take with them. Clicking on the photo will open a bigger version of it in another browser tab. For PC users, right-click on that bigger photo and select "Save Image As..." (Sorry Mac users--someone else will need to help with instructions.)

Staring at this image of Danny (as I always knew him) while working on it has been an uplifting thing for me. I loved this guy--he is a lifelong hero for me. And you can see why when you look at his face that is so full of Light and Goodness.

- Cousin Dave Carlston

P.S., I am printing 5 x 7's of this photo for Amy/kids, Spence/Annie/their kids. If you would like an even higher resolution version of this photograph (i.e., more suitable for printing) please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment