Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dear Howells Family,
My heart just brakes for you knowing the great loss that you have had to suffer this week. I can't think of your family without getting tears in my eyes...to know what a wonderful, faithful, loving, kind family that you are, just makes me so sad that you have to go through this great trial in your life. However, I know without a doubt that you will get through this and that Heavenly Father will lighten your load, comfort you, and give you strength when you need it. I also know that your father/husband will be looking down on you all from above. The one memory of Brother Howells that I will always cherish most of all is the look on his face that he would get when he saw his family walk into Sacrament meeting. I LOVED watching him every sunday sit up on the stand with the Bishopric and just light up with love and happiness to see his sweet family that he obviously loved so very much! My husband and I both noticed that great love he had for his family the very first week we moved in. I know it's the same look that our Heavenly Father must have when He is watching over us and as we follow His plan.

Brother Howells was such a loving man! I will always be grateful for his warm welcome when we first moved in and for the way he would always smile or take the time to talk to us or shake our hand. He was and is such an example to so many!

I truly believe that some people are so prepared to return to their Heavenly Father, that they no longer need this life to progress. My Mother also lost her father when he was only 37...leaving my Grandmother with 7 children to raise on her own. I know it wasn't always easy for my Grandmother, especially since she never had the desire to remarry, but I am so grateful to her for staying strong and for raising the righteous children that she did and for blessing our lives with her amazing example. From what I know of my Grandpa, he was very Christlike and was prepared to return to his Savior. I can't think of anyone more like our Savior than your father/husband. I feel grateful for the chance to have known him and to learn from him. I also feel grateful to have had the chance to teach Caleb in Nursery and Sunbeams. It was easy to see and know that Caleb came from such a strong and loving family. He has always been the ideal little boy in my eyes and before I became a mother of two little boys of my own, I always dreamed of having a sweet, little boy like Caleb. I know for my boys to be like Caleb, I must do my part as a parent to teach my children and to help them know of our Heavenly Father just like your parents have done so well. Please remember the love that your earthly father and your Heavenly Father have for you...and know that they will be watching over you each and every day with love in their eyes, until you see them again!

With much love, Grady and Angela Howell (Amber Rose Ward)

No comments:

Post a Comment