Thursday, April 9, 2009

My heart is so full as I pause to reflect on Dan, Amy, their beautiful family, the Howell's and the Ereksons. I have so many special memories that span more than 30 years. 

I remember tagging along with Dan and Amy a lot in high school. I remember one night in particular we were at the Howell's home. It was a beautiful, clear night. Dan, Amy and I were just sitting outside talking into the late hours, feeling the gentle warm breeze, gazing at the stars. I remember being so struck by the overwhelming feeling of love between them. It was tangible, poignant and real. And so it has been ever since, and it has grown to include their beautiful children. This temporary 'separation' will not diminish that. 

I am so grateful for the love and friendship we have shared all these many years. I am grateful for the knowledge that this life is but a small moment in the spans of eternity, and that families are forever.

I will miss Dan, I will miss his infectious laugh, his silliness, his humility and compassion, and his big bear hugs. I, like so many others am a better person for having known him. He brought out the best in everyone and set such a remarkable example for us. 

My sweet Amy, please know that I am here for you, and that I love you... always. 

All my love, 
Kristy (McRae) Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment